Introduction to Me

 Hi! My name is Natalie. I am a senior at the University of Oklahoma, and I am graduating this semester! I bounced around majors quite a bit before finally finding the one that suits my interests and talents. I am majoring in Sociology with a focus in Criminology, and minoring in Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Analysis. I am originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma but am currently living and working in Norman. After graduation, I do not know exactly what career path I want to pursue, but ideally I would love one that has something to do with forensics of some sort. Specifically, I am very interested in fingerprinting, blood splatter analysis, and other types of trace evidence analysis. I have always been fascinated with those types of things, so I would love the opportunity to do that for a living. I also enjoy photography a lot, so I am interested in the idea of documenting crime scenes or being a crime scene photographer as well. 

In my free time, I enjoy reading, watching television and movies, cross-stitching, and being around friends and family. Some of my favorite movies are the Harry Potter series, Scream, and 10 Things I Hate About You, and some of my favorite television shows are Criminal Minds, Parks and Recreation, Brooklynn 99, and Psych. My favorite book is probably All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I also love animals and spending time with them. I have one pet, a cat named Ollivander. He is two years old, and the first pet that I have ever had that is solely my responsibility. Growing up, my family always had lots of animals around. We typically had three cats and three dogs at any given time. My parents still have three dogs back in Tulsa, and they are the cutest gentle giants. They are all Great Pyrenees mixes so they are fairly large dogs. Their names are Henry, Lilly, and Stella. I have always been very passionate about animals, and hope to adopt a dog someday (preferably a large breed) when I have more room in my living situation and more time to give them the love and attention they deserve! I currently attend school full time and work between 20-30 hours per week, so time is something I often feel I don't have enough of. I am very excited that this is my last semester, even if it is a bit different than I originally anticipated it would be! 

(Personal picture of my cat, Ollivander.)
(Personal picture of [from left to right] Stella, Lilly, and Henry)





Comments

  1. Hey Natalie!

    Wow, congrats on almost graduating! Criminology seems really interesting, I would love to learn more about it. I remember taking a forensics class in high school and I remember how cool I thought it was. What made you interested in that field? Your pets are so cute! I currently have one dog myself and I can't imagine life without him. Best of luck this semester and after college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie! Congrats on graduation that's really exciting! Criminology and forensics sounds so exciting and like something that would never be boring. I also have a love for animals. At my parents home we have three dogs that are just as much family as my siblings. I also just got a goldendoodle puppy and am already obsessed with her. You definitely are right when you say they are a lot of work though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long

    Hi Natalie! First of all, big congratulations on almost graduating. I think we're on the same boat for the most part, but I have another full semester left after this one! I am ALSO from Tulsa, OK, which is funny, such a small world. Anyways, I feel like not a comment goes by without someone expressing how much they love your dogs, and I will not be the one who breaks that trend. Stella, Lilly and Henry are absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Natalie!

    Congrats on reaching the end of the road here at OU! It's too bad that your last semesters had to happen during this pandemic. I hope it didn't affect you too poorly or cause you to miss out on any opportunities.

    I also had a Great Pyrenees when I was little. I think calling them "fairly large" might have been a bit of an understatement. Those things are massive and strong because of it. Mine once launched itself through one of our window screens because it wanted to chase something that was running around in our backyard.

    Good luck moving forward from OU! I hope you achieve everything you dream of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie! I love the pictures of your animals! They're absolutely adorable. I have a cat of my own, so I definitely know how animals tend to take over your life. Also, congratulations on graduating this semester! That's a huge accomplishment. Your major and degree seem very interesting as well. Personally, I have always been interested in criminology based studies. Even though you're graduating soon, you still have time to figure out what you want to do. There's tons of options out there, you just ave to find the one that truly calls to you! Anyways, it was nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Natalie! I got the Ollivander reference for your adorable kitty. I also feel that we have pretty similar tastes in television and movies! I love the Harry Potter series (proud Hufflepuff here) and 10 Things I Hate About You. Also, Parks and Recreation and B99 are such serotonin boosting shows. I need to catch up with B99. My Storybook project is actually on crime and murder mysteries! Reading about blood splatter and photography on your post has given me ideas, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Natalie! That is pretty awesome that you are interested in criminology. I think fingerprinting and gathering DNA are really cool parts of modern investigations. How do you like Norman compared to Tulsa? That is sweet you are into Harry Potter! And what a clever name for your cat as well. I hope this semester has been going well for you thus far, and I am looking forward to reading more of your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natalie,
    I think it is super cool you are interested in criminology. All the things that go with that are super interesting. I hope this seamster treats you well and that I can enjoy some of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Natalie! Congrats on reaching your final semester. It's too bad it had to end on such a weird time. Hopefully you are still enjoying it and making the most of it though. I'm sure every other one of the comments here says it, but your animals are so cute. I've missed having pets since I moved away from home. It's nice seeing other people's pets in place of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Natalie!
    Hopefully, you could succeed in passing your last semester! Just like you, I also like to keep pets. There are three cats in my Chinese house, they are very adorable and lovely. For me, I always think that dog would also be a good partner for people. Would you suggest me to adopt a dog in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Natalie,

    Congrats on almost reaching the end!! I'm sure it's been a long road. I'm graduating a year early next spring and college is flying by- it makes me kind of sad! I also had an interest in criminology growing up and wanted to pursue it for a while, but I've wanted to go to law school for a long time so i decided against it, but who knows, i could pick it up again. Also your cat is adorable! Best of luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Natalie,

    First, I also work a ton while staying full time in school, so I feel your pain, and I applaud you. It is not easy! I love that you have big dogs and prefer large dog breeds. I am the same way! They're just so sweet! Criminology is such an interesting major, and I'm glad you found something that you are really interested in! Congrats on almost being done with school, and I'm looking forward to reading your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Natalie! I just want to say that I think we would be very good friends as all the movies and all the tv shows you listed are top tier. In addition, I am super interested in Criminology and wanted to be a forensic investigator for a very large portion of my life, so I think what you're doing is awesome! I'm sorry I'm meeting you so late in the semester but I hope you had a good one! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Natalie, as a Harry Potter fan myself, I am living for you naming your cat Ollivander. I am also a huge fan of Criminal Minds as well. I am actually from Northern Virginia and live 30 minutes from Quantico. Do you think you'll stay in Oklahoma to pursue Crime Scene investigation/Analysis? I took a Forensics class in high school my senior year, it was so interesting and quite a lot of fun! I can see why you want to do it for a career. Hope you have a great Holiday and your exams go well!
    p.s. Congrats on graduating!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne

Port Aransas... My Favorite Place