Microfiction- Ollie and Rory: Attorneys at Paw

Once upon a time, there was a grey cat named Ollie, and a chihuahua named Rory. The two were quite an unlikely pair. Ollie was confident and authoritative, while Rory was timid and submissive. However, the two had one very important passion in common: animal rights advocacy. They had seen one too many friend be treated poorly, and refused to stand for it any longer. So, they started a law firm together. They both already had their license, so it was a perfect idea! They would work together to insure that all animals would be treated kindly and with respect!

                                                                                                                                        (100 words)



Ollie and Rory were quite an unlikely pair of friends. However, they banded together to help the animal kingdom through their law firm Ollie and Rory: Attorneys at Paw.

                                                                                                                                        (2 sentences)


Author's note: I wrote these short stories about my cat, Ollie, and one of my good friend's dog Rory. We have joked about writing a children's book with the same title, and so I thought that it would be fun to do a sort of trial story to see how it works. 

Drawing of the story by my friend


Comments

  1. Hi Natalie-

    This microfiction actually cured my election week anxiety. Everything can get so stressful culminating together so this helped a lot. The thought of a dog and cat working together is already adorable, and to add it's for a good cause. I also love that this is something that you're deliberating on in real life. If it counts for anything, i'd definitely buy a copy. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie,

    I have to agree with the comment above. I think this story is the highlight of my week! I love that you wrote about your own pets, and I also thought it was fun to have a dog and a cat team up in the name of animal rights! So cute and so clever! Please write a children's book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne

Port Aransas... My Favorite Place