Growth Mindset

Before this assignment, I had never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset. When watching the videos, I found myself thinking back to my own experiences with school throughout my life. Personally, I think that the growth mindset is something that I need to work on. I am, and have always been, a perfectionist. This often made school and assignments difficult in the past, because I felt that if I could not do an assignment perfectly, I would be failing. This often led to me procrastinating my school work until I felt like I could do it perfectly, or, more accurately, I had to choice but to get it done as it was due very soon. I think that learning more about this concept will help me in my school work and in my day to day life. In the second video, I really related to the discussion about things being 'too easy.' When I was in elementary and middle school, the work was very easy for me, and I was often bored during classes. This meant that I did not learn how to study effectively, and did not learn how to do hard work. This really came back to bite me in high school and even in college. I still have a hard time not procrastinating if I do not think that I can do an assignment perfectly, and I still have a hard time studying effectively and efficiently. 

(Image from Mindset Cats Blog)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne

Week 9 Story: The Color of Magic