Port Aransas... My Favorite Place

One of my favorite places is Port Aransas, Texas. It is a small island on the Gulf Coast, right next to Corpus Christi. My family and I went to Port Aransas for vacation for the first time when I was about eight years old. Since then, we have returned four times. Port Aransas is a beautiful island town, with a lot of local color. It is not nearly as big of a tourist destination as Corpus Christi, which is part of the reason we love it so much. Every time that we visit, we stay at the Aransas Princess, which is a condominium where many people live during the off season, and rent out during the summer. My family loves to stay there because the staff is wonderful, and because it is like being in an apartment rather than a hotel. My family loves to cook, and staying at the Aransas Princess gives us a kitchen and the ability to have home-cooked family meals. The beach is absolutely gorgeous, and there are so many fun things to do. Port Aransas has become even more special to my family, as my older brother got engaged while on vacation there last summer. I truly believe that my family will continue to return to Port Aransas time and time again throughout the years. 


Beach in Port Aransas, Texas
Image from Flickr

Comments

  1. Oh, someone else mentioned Port Aransas, Natalie! Let me see if I can remember who... it's Eden! And she's in Myth-Folklore, so if you two cross paths semester, remember that you have Port Aransas in common :-)
    Eden and Port Aransas link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaaat? You've stayed at the Princess?! That's fancy! We go every year. We've stayed in the smaller condos back behind the Princess. If you haven't done the Red Dragon pirate your, book it on your next trip. It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne

Week 9 Story: The Color of Magic