Storybook Favorites

 The first storybook that I came across and found interesting is Ghost Stories of OU. I opened this storybook because the title really caught my eye. I enjoy ghost stories, particularly ones relating to places I have a connection to. I really like that this storybook has multiple different stories to read. I think that the introduction does a great job of showing what will be talked about in the storybook as well as intriguing the reader. I also really like the dark and slightly spooky theme of the storybook. It does a great job at setting the tone of the reading. 

The second storybook I found interesting is the Real Housewives of Greek Mythology. This one grabbed my attention because of the humorous concept and title. I really enjoy that the introduction introduces the main characters, and that the additional pages for each story is titled as 'Season 1, episode 1' and so on. I think that modernizing greek mythology is always a fun idea. I also really enjoy that the stories are written and formatted as scripts for a television show. I have always been interested in mythology, and I love the idea that modernizing it makes it more accessible and interesting for other people and perhaps younger audiences. 

The last storybook I found interesting is the Chronicles of Hades. I am familiar with the story of Hades because of previous courses discussing mythology as well as modernized renditions of his story. I really like that this story is told in the perspective of Hades. I also really liked that this story is a choose your own adventure type of story. I really enjoy interactive stories and it makes me more likely to be engaged in them. This particular storybook definitely made me consider making my project this semester in a way that it is also more engaging and interactive. 

(Hades' dog, Cerberus
image from Wikipedia)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 9 Story: The Color of Magic

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne