Reading Notes: Chinese Fairy Tales Part A

The Cave of the Beasts, by R. Wilhelm was an interesting story to read. It was a bit darker than I was expecting. I think that it would be interesting to rewrite this fairy tale with a bit of a darker twist, where perhaps the daughters do not let their father into the cave. They could keep their newfound riches to themselves. This would make the moral of the story that greediness often leads to loss of wealth rather than gain. 



Why Dog and Cat are Enemies by R. Wilhelm also really interested me. As someone who owns a cat that absolutely hates dogs, I find this story very entertaining. I think that it would be fun to retell this story using the same basic idea, but a more modern and exciting backstory.


Cat vs Dog by Mauro

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne

Port Aransas... My Favorite Place