Reading Notes: Folklore of Laos Part A

For this reading I decided to read the Folklore of Laos Part A by Katherine Neville Fleeson. I decided to choose this set of stories because I enjoy myths and folktales about various animals. I like that the stories depict such a serene picture of the nature surrounding the characters. I also like that nature is the main source of solitude in a lot of these stories. 

I really enjoyed the story of The Mountain Spirits and the Stone Mortars. I have always been interested in folktales and myths that reveal the origin for something in the modern day world. The explanation of the stone mortars being strewn about because of mountain spirits is very intriguing. For this same reason, I also thoroughly enjoyed reading the story of Why the Lip of the Elephant Droops, The Origin of Lightning, and the rest of the stories in this unit.


Photograph of a baby elephant


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne

Port Aransas... My Favorite Place