Reading Notes: Folklore of Laos Part B

I chose to read Folklore of Laos part B for the reading today because I really enjoyed reading part A yesterday. Like part A, it was written by Katherine Neville Fleeson. I really enjoyed the first story in this section, The Wizard and the Beggar. I like that the moral of this story is that being greedy and ungrateful will often leave you with less than you had before. If the beggar had been grateful and satisfied with just the one magic jewel, he would still possess said jewel and have everything that he desired. Because he was greedy, he is now without the magic jewel and in the same position he was in when he met the wizard in the first place. I think that it could be interesting to retell this particular story in a more modern way. I could potentially make it more of a comedy, and perhaps have the main characters be a bratty teenager and her parents. 

I also enjoyed the story of The Magic Well. I have heard or seen many stories in the past about magic wells or wishing wells, and they have always interested me. It would be a fun idea to retell this story and add to it, perhaps making it more of a wishing well instead of a healing well in order to add more stories.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne

Port Aransas... My Favorite Place