Reading Notes: Tibetan Folk Tales Part A

I chose to read the Tibetan Folk Tales this week because they touch on animal tricksters. For my storybook, I am exploring mythological creatures, and one of them is the trickster. In this group of stories, I really enjoy that all of the animals can talk to and understand one another. I also find it interesting that the animals featured in these stories are very humanlike, living in houses and wearing clothing. These stories focus on animals who have a natural ability and urge to trick people, rather than a supernatural trickster. 

The Cony Who Got Into Bad Company by A.L. Shelton would be interesting to explore from a human perspective, with all human characters. I think that all of the Tibetan Stories would be interesting to retell with humans in place of animals, and more modern surroundings and issues.

King of the Frogs via pixabay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne

Port Aransas... My Favorite Place