Famous Last Words: So Close to Graduation

I can not believe that I graduate in two weeks! This week was a really good week for me. I got a new job and quit my old one, which dropped my stress levels by a lot. I was able to have more time and more focus on school and to focus on finishing out my last semester here at OU at strongly as possible! I really enjoyed the writing that I did for my project this week. Doing both this weeks and an earlier story for my portfolio in the style of a diary has been really fun and honestly made me want to pick up writing again. I have always loved to write, but have not had time the last few years. This class has reminded me how much I enjoy it and it turns out that I really like both the diary style and the microfiction style of writing. I also really enjoy retelling classic stories in a more modern way. It was fun to think about Cinderella in a modern situation, and to think about the logistics of how that story would work. While writing the story for this week, and reviewing mine and my classmates projects, I kind of wish that I had thought to make my entire project retelling different classic stories- maybe either classic fairly tales like Snow White or classic myths like Hades and Persephone- in a more modern setting and in the form of diary entries. This is definitely a project I will think about starting/ continuing after this course ends. I am really excited to finish this semester and I have truly enjoyed this class. I wish that more college courses were set up in a similar way, as even when I missed assignments or had issues I didn't have to stress out like I have in other classes. The content of the work makes it easier to want to do homework for this class.

(Personal picture of how happy I am to be graduating!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 9 Story: The Color of Magic

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne