Wikipedia Trail: From The Brothers Grimm to blank

I decided to start my wikipedia trail this week by searching for The Brothers Grimm. I chose this as my starting point because the last two weeks I have been reading stories from the Brother Grimm and I have been enjoying them a lot. I really enjoy that their original stories are much darker than the Disney versions that the majority of people are familiar with. This page led me to Hansel and Gretel. Hansel and Gretel is one of the many stories written by the Brothers Grimm. It is a story often seen as a warning to children when read in its original version. Hansel and Gretel left me a trail of breadcrumbs to Ariadne. These two pages are connected because many people have stated a similarity between the breadcrumbs in Hansel and Gretel and the thread that Ariadne gave to Theseus to conquer the Minotaur. Like the majority of myths that are passed down orally, there are many variations of Ariadne's story. This page led me to the Minotaur. The minotaur is a mythical creature that is half man and half bull. He lived in the center of a maze that was created by Daedalus and Icarus. 

(Illustration of Theseus and the Minotaur by Edward Burne-Jones)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne

Port Aransas... My Favorite Place