Wikipedia Trail: From Greek Mythology to Tartarus

I decided to start my wikipedia trail this week with a simple search of Greek Mythology. I really enjoy the classic Greek mythology stories. I think it is really cool how much Greek mythology has had an impact on the culture and arts of the modern world. This page led me to Zeus. Zeus is arguably the most well-known god and the starter of many a controversy. He fathered many of the other gods, often times by seducing a human. He often did this by disguising himself, usually as an animal. Zeus led me to Tantalus. Tantalus has always been one of my favorite stories, and I love that it is how we got the word 'tantalizing.' Tantalus is also the son of Zeus (no surprise there, though, Zeus is everyone's father). Tantalus led me to my final destination, Tartarus. Tartarus is a part of the Underworld where Tantalus and other figures in Greek mythology, including the Titans, were punished for eternity.

(Drawing of a statue of Zeus)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 9 Story: The Color of Magic

Week 4 Story: A retelling of the story of Arachne